Friday, July 8, 2011

Beat the heat

I just got back from another mini-vacation to try and beat this Arizona heat.  It was heaven!  I was staying at my sister's home in Show Low which is around a 5,500 foot elevation.  I ran twice in the 4 days there and could really feel the difference.  Let's just say it was like breathing through a coffee stirrer!  I was alone so I didn't get any pics but you will have to take my word for it - those pine trees are gorgeous.  The 4th of July wasn't the same without fireworks (they were not permitted due to the extreme wild fire danger) but all I cared about was being able to sleep with the windows open at night and running at 9:00 am instead of 6:00 am to beat the heat!  I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th of July holiday.  Did you go anywhere fun and, most importantly, did you RUN?

No comments:

Post a Comment