Wednesday, September 28, 2011

No visit to Beantown

Poor Tina didn't get into the Boston Marathon.  She's pretty bummed, but turned right around and signed up for the Carlsbad Marathon to be held January 22, 2012.  She's going with her whole family and has invited me and my husband and two girls to go along.  We're not sure financially if we can make it work or if my 6th grader can miss two days of school since that will be the end of the grading period but we'll see.  If I don't run Carlsbad with her, I have my sights set on the Lost Dutchman Marathon to be held February 19, 2012.  I have run the half marathon there before and really enjoyed it.  Plus, it's local and cheap - only $80 registration! - with a cap of 600 runners (my kind of crowd).  I'm torn because I want to train with my BRB (best running buddy) but am not sure if I can go to Carlsbad with her.  After looking at what the training schedule would be for her and I if we ran two separate races a month apart there are quite a few runs we could do together.  Even one of our 20 milers would fall on the same weekend so I think I'll be okay going it alone the last month.  I'll let you all know what I decide but it's gotta be soon because October 9th marks 16 weeks to Carlsbad so we would need to officially start training then.  We'll see!  Until next time, keep your sanity by staying in the moment and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment