Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas Running Moms!

It's that time of year again.  Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or nothing at all there's a feeling in the air.  New season, new running gear ~ YAY!  I'm still training for my "non" marathon since I yet to sign up for either race I am contemplating.  I have until December 30th and am taking my time.  The training has been going well ~ no injuries.  This is a new approach for me, waiting until the last minute to sign up for a marathon but I'm glad I've waited.  It's given me a whole new mindset which is what I'd hoped would be the case.  I'm not putting any unnecessary pressure on myself and am in week 8 of my 16 week training program.  I did my first 17 miler a couple days ago and the first 12 miles was fine but I'm trying new hydration/nutrition methods and needless to say I had some tummy troubles the last 5 miles!  My buddy, John Vaupel (mentioned in previous posts) has given me some wonderful advice on how to play with the science of my own body and figure out what I need when I need it.  Not an easy feat let me tell ya.  On top of everything going on with the holidays, I've just been offered a part time job!  I'm thrilled because I've been a stay-at-home mom for nearly 12 years and feel completely out of touch with the work force.  This will not only enable me to earn a little extra income, but to get out of the house and mingle with grown-ups too.  The downside, of course is how much more difficult that makes it to find time to run.  Plenty of you moms find the time with FULL time jobs so I am not complaining :-)  Either way, I'm looking forward to this new chapter in my life and actually using my brain during the day instead of attempting to reason with my 3 year old since that's pointless!  Have a wonderful and safe holiday season and we'll catch you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment