Thursday, February 2, 2012

2 weeks and counting...

I completed my 2nd 20 miler last Saturday with my friend Chris and boy, I am welcoming the taper.  It was a little rough at the end and I have to admit it kind of dented my confidence.  How I'm going to get through another marathon and set a PR?  I know I can break 4:30, I just have to believe in myself on race day.  My BRB, Tina ran Carlsbad two weeks ago and set a PR!  She did it in 3:40:44 which is AMAZING considering how hilly that course is.  I am so impressed with that girl.  She is truly an inspiration.  She works nearly 40 hours a week, has two young girls and still manages to get in every training run, every week.  I've just recently started a part time job working 20 hours a week and can barely manage 3 runs a week.  Us moms are truly amazing when we set our minds on something ~ we won't let anything get in our way.  Laundry gets done at 9:00 pm and we have to get up at 5:00 am to get a run in, but we manage to get everything done.  Never underestimate the power of a mom with an unstoppable attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment