Thursday, May 3, 2012

Still injured and it's getting old

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post.  Most of you know I work two part time jobs and do volunteer work so to say I'm busy is an understatement.  Unfortunately, I haven't posted also because I haven't been doing much running.  That marathon in February really hurt my body.  I'm actually amazed at how badly my Achilles has been.  I've taken about a month off running entirely.  I've replaced it with swimming, spin and the elliptical.  I've also been doing some stretches and icing when it gets really sore.  I'm only doing about 3 miles at a time right now.  My husband and I did the Pat Tillman race a couple weeks ago which is only 4.2 miles and I finished in 36:25 which is no PR for that race (this was my 4th time running it) but it wasn't my worst time either.  Considering I've been hurt it wasn't bad!  Now my right hip is bothering me.  I think it's because I've put a heel lift in my right shoe to compensate for the Achilles strain.  I can't seem to catch a break!  Next stop is new orthotics.  They are expensive and mine are old so I'm hoping this does the trick.  I'll keep you all updated as to my progress.  In the meantime, enjoy the beautiful weather and keep running for me since I cant.

No comments:

Post a Comment