Friday, June 15, 2012

The results are in!

I received the results of my MRI yesterday and the news is good.  No stress fracture, no real damage.  The pain is from my IT band and I will need some physical therapy along with Ibuprofen - and more rest.  The last part was probably the hardest for me to hear.  I told the doctor I have been resting for months now (and have the 4 extra pounds to prove it!) but he said until I am PAIN FREE I must not run.  Being the neurotic person and running mom I am, I had to test it out today knowing I didn't have any major injuries gave me some courage.  I ran a little under two miles and now I'm hobbling around like an idiot.  Okay Doc, you win.  Next step, physical therapy!  I should only have to do it for 4 weeks so I'll let you all know how it works.  Until then, PLEASE stay healthy and injury-free.  Sitting on the sidelines while hearing stories about my friends running is a real bummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment