Monday, June 6, 2011

World Famous Camp Pendleton Mud Run!



What a blast my friend, Tina and I had this weekend!  We drove to Oceanside, CA on Saturday for the world famous Mud Run at Camp Pendleton Marine Base.  It was only a 10K, but the hardest one I've ever run.  I had been serious in the weight room for 3 months thinking the obstacle course would be the most difficult portion of the race.  Boy, was I wrong!  The run was mostly uphill in deep sand!  When I say "uphill" I mean serious hills here people.  Not at all was I was expecting.  Of course, my little Tina chugged right up and kept asking "Are you okay?"  I finally told her to stop asking because people would look at me every time she did.  It was as if they all thought I would keel over face first in a mud pit and give up.  By the way, the term "DNF" is NOT in my vocabulary and we finished together (which I KNOW bothered Tina, but I made her swear to do the race with me) with a respectable time of 1:13.  The women's first place time was 49:52.  All in all, we would do it again in a heartbeat.  I've attached some photos.  Keep in mind, they gave us baby wipes immediately after the finish which is why our faces look so clean :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment