Friday, May 27, 2011

Exercise Bulimia

I was reading an article yesterday about something called "Exercise Bulimia".  It is generally defined as those who eat whatever junk they want (the "binge") without abandon only to work it off intensely right after (the "purge").  The thought process being  it's okay to eat crap as long as you burn it off.  I can honestly say I have subscribed to this ideology at one time or another.  What runner hasn't?  Does that mean we suffer from some eating disorder or an unrealistic idea of what exercise and running mean to us?  I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.  Have any of you ever eaten that extra doughnut (or BOX) only to think "Who cares, I'm a runner.  I run more than the average person out there so I can afford it."?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment